Welcome to Cuala’s Gaelic for Mothers & Others Page. This is where you’ll find all the latest news for our G4M team
OUR AIM : To provide Mums and Friends an opportunity to play Ladies Gaelic Football in a fun, non-competitive, social environment. As well as keeping fit and having a laugh, the Mums learn the background to playing rules, the reasons for the techniques behind coaching and some of the stretching and warming up routines. We play games on a small pitch (generally half the pitch).
- No Gaelic experience necessary
- Skills and rules are thought during training
- New members are always welcome and you don’t need to be a mum!
Training: Winter training will be on Wednesdays at 9:00 pm indoors in the hall at Cuala GAA Dalkey.
- Applications for team management Thu 17 Nov 2016, 16:02 CUALA ADULT LADIES COMMITTEE invites applications for the following positions in 2017
1. Manager Minor Ladies Football (1 team)
2. Manager Adult Camogie (2 teams, Division 4 & 6)
3. Manager Adult Ladies Football (2 teams, Division 4 & tba)
Detailed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday 25th November 2016 and any queries should be ...
- Ladies AGM – 10th November @ 8:30pm Fri 04 Nov 2016, 09:21 The Ladies Section AGM will take place on Thursday the 10th of November @ 8:30pm in the committee room.
Nominations are invited for the following positions and should be sent to email@example.com by Sunday 6th November:
- Gaelic For Mothers and Others Thu 06 Oct 2016, 11:11 Interested in keeping fit and having fun? Cuala Gaelic 4 Mothers and Others are looking for a new players. Spread the word!
No previous experience in playing Gaelic games necessary.
Contact: Joanne 086 171237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Ladies PRO Mon 22 Jun 2015, 21:45
Léonie Buckley is the new PRO for the Ladies section.
- Gaelic 4 Mothers turn on the style to beat Crokes by the narrowest of margins in thrilling finish Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:43
Wednesday 3rd June 2015 – ‘Gaelic 4 Mothers and Others’ Challenge Game
Cuala vs. Kilmacud Crokes played in Glenalbyn, Stillorgan
Cuala 1-5 vs. 1-4 Kilmacud Crokes (Half Time Score: Cuala 0-3 vs. 1-3 Kilmacud Crokes).
Cuala Scorers: Leanne Doyle 1-2, Hannah Byrne 0-1, Hilary Thompson 0-1, ...
- Academy Mini All Ireland 2014 Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:18 Mini All Ireland 2014
The Academy Mini All Ireland will start on Monday the 16th of June with mid week matches for the boys and girls.
The finals will be played on Saturday the 21st June were the fun will begin with our parade through Dalkey Village. We will all gather at the Sue Ryder foundation at 9am.
- Calling all interested in adult camogie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:01 Of the 42 Dublin clubs playing camogie, Cuala now have the third largest number of juvenile girls playing, with 375 players registered in 2013, and all from a position of having no juvenile camogie teams a short 9 years ago. While the future is very bright for camogie in the club we have not had an ...
- Cardiac Arrest Awareness Week Fri 21 Mar 2014, 09:55
This week in Cuala, we want to draw the attention of all Cuala members to Cardiac Arrest and what you can do if someone is affected.
Approximately 10,000 people die from cardiovascular disease every year in Ireland and it is estimated that 5,000 of these deaths are from a sudden cardiac arrest. 70% of cardiac arrests ...
- Martha Byrne Player of the Month Award Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:21 Congratulations to Martha Byrne who received the Tersco ‘Player of the Month’ award following Dublin’s opening match of 2014 against Kerry. Martha helped Dublin in their win against Kerry 3-09 to 07.
- Adult Players Survey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 09:19 To help Cuala continue to improve the facilities and services for Adult players, we are conducting a survey. It should only take about 5-10 mins so here’s your chance to have your say.
- Murder Mystery Solved Mon 04 Nov 2013, 12:00 The Ladies Section would like to thank everyone who attended the murder mystery night on sat. It was a brilliant night and a great success. The cast were truly amazing.
Some pictures of the night are available here.
Congratulations to the two winners:
Rachel Cunningham – winner on the night, who among others, solved the crime correctly.
Miriam Reidy- winner of ...
- Murder Mystery Night – The Hyde Rd Horrors Thu 17 Oct 2013, 18:00
The Ladies Section present an evening of mystery and murder ” The Hyde Rd. Horror’s”, tells a tale with deceit, jealousy and fatality. Free up your calendar for the eagerly anticipated Cuala night out. Can you discover the truth?
Get your detective on, grab a ticket, join the investigation and solve this crime!
Date for your diaries: November ...
- Academy Mini All Ireland Update Fri 21 Jun 2013, 13:00 Mini All Ireland Final Day – Saturday June 22nd
The fun will begin with our parade through Dalkey Village. We will all gather at the Sue Ryder foundation at 9am.
Bring along your own musical instruments – bodhrans, tin whistles – to help our piper who will be leading the parade.
All the kids play on Saturday as the ...
- Dalkey Dental Clinic & Cuala Team Up on Gum-Shield Deal. Tue 25 Sep 2012, 17:46 From January 2013, gums-hields are mandatory for all ages up to and including Minor players. Custom made gumshields offer far better protection for your teeth from injury than “off the shelf” varieties. Cuala have teamed up with the Dalkey Dental Clinic to offer Cuala members a great deal on individual custom made gum-shields will be made ...
- G4M All-Ireland 2012 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 14:12 Cuala G4M & others enjoyed a great week in June with the annual ‘Mothers all Ireland’ event, this year we played as the 4 provinces, each team played 3 matches against each other, with the top 2 teams competing for the Cup final & the bottom teams playing for the shield final. ...
- Lorraine – Our Volunteer of the Year Mon 14 Nov 2011, 15:01 Lorraine Hayes, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co Co’s Volunteer of the Year 2011.
- G4M National Blitz Day Wed 26 Oct 2011, 09:32 Paula Prunty National Games Development Officer said
‘On the day 74 teams participated and over 900 women pulled on a jersey to represent their community and Club! The day was a huge success and this can be contributed to the great atmosphere created by your players on the day and how ...
- Gaelic4Mothers Fun Mini All-Ireland 2011 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 16:24 The Gaelic4Mothers fun Mini All-Ireland is on again this year. Were calling on all Cuala mothers, friends, sisters, godmothers, aunts & grannies to join a team this year. No experience necessary. The 7 a-side Games start Weds 15th June and culminate with Mini All Ireland on Sat 25th June. Registration ...
- Portmarnock G4M Tournament leads North and South Thu 25 Nov 2010, 15:07 Two Gaelic4Mothers teams took part in the All Ireland G4M Blitz in Portmarnock on Saturday last. The Feedback from the Ladies Football co-ordinator was most encouraging – ” thank you to all the teams who travelled on Saturday – it was a huge success and a phenomenal achievement for the Ladies Gaelic Football Association. We ...