An Athletic Development Workshop has been arranged for club coaches in Cuala Hall on Thursday 9th December 2010 from 8pm to about 10.30.
A theory and practical workshop focusing on Strength & Conditioning for the young and developing player (Academy-Minor) it really is relevant to all coaches regardless of their squad’s age and all coaches will benefit from the material
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 086-0266506 before 9pm on Friday 3rd December. Cost 10 euro per head which will be paid by your relevant section/age group.
Athletic Development’s coach education workshops demystify the science of youth athlete development, providing coaches with a comprehensive guide to the what, why and how of all aspects of fitness appropriate for young and developing players.
Facilitated by youth fitness specialists; coaches will get a background in the fundamental areas of youth athlete development, including but not limited to –
- Resistance training/Strength training
- Core strength and stability
- Injury prevention
- Dynamic Warm-up
- Flexibility and stretching
- Long term athlete development
Attendees will –
- Gain a clear understanding of the need/process of athlete development
- Acquire the knowledge, skill and confidence to include developmentally appropriate Strength & Conditioning training into their current sessions
- Be encouraged to shape their workshop through constant interaction, meeting their individual educational needs
- Be able to provide developmentally appropriate physical training to their athletes
- Help their young athletes/players to reach their full athletic potential
Athletic Development provide top class, user-friendly Strength and Conditioning training tools and education for coaches of young and developing athletes.
Athletic Development’s training tools and educational workshops are based on the science of long term athlete development, presented in an accessible, user-friendly format suitable for any coach across every age group and level of competitive or recreational sport.
Athletic Development has been created by a team of Sports Scientists, Strength and Conditioning coaches and Youth fitness specialists; recognising both the need and desire for well founded, practical physical training tools and education among Irish coaches.