“CUALA CONNECTS”, under the auspices of the GAA Healthy Club Initiative, represents a movement within our club encouraging our members to be present to each other and connect in the spirit of supporting and positively influencing our community’s overall health and wellbeing.
Here are some supports that may be useful.
- Console – The National Suicide Charity
- Pieta House – Suicide and Self Harm Crisis Centre
- Bodywhys – The Eating Disorders Association of Ireland
- Headstrong – The National Centre for Youth Mental Health
- Aware – Your supporting light through depression
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Go for Life – The National Programme for Sport and Physical Activity for Older People
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Teen Counselling
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Smoking Cessation
- Green Ribbon – Changing minds about mental health
In this great video a teenage boy tells the story of how he has not allowed his speech and language difficulties to define him as a person. This is Karl Reddy’s true story.