Update: For All players who submitted Consent forms – please note that the Games takes place this Thurs at UCD. Meet at 9.45am at the main entrance UCD sports complex. Tracksuit, boots and runners required. Dressing room provided. Bring €5 for lunch. Finishing time 4pm.
Cuala GAA , in conjunction with other local GAA Clubs, is hosting a day of ‘Social Gaelic Football’ for local Transition Year teenagers at UCD on Thur 10 Mar 2016.
The purpose of the day is purely socialisation and relationship building among players who otherwise might only encounter each other as opponents. The teams will be made up of different players from each participating club (Girls teams will only play against girl’s teams). Team building games will also be included along with a guest speakers
- All-Ireland winning footballer Ger Brennan, UCD’s Gaelic Games Executive.
- Irish International Rugby player Hannah Tyrrell –
- Cuala Senior Footballer, Alex Brock
It is anticipated that 100 players will take part.
- Only players registered with their GAA Club can participate (to ensure insurance cover).
- This is not a school event; participants will need to get released from school for the day.
- The event runs from 10:00 to 16:00. Meeting at 09.45 at the UCD Sports Centre.
- UCD are kindly providing the facilities free of charge and local GAA coaches will facilitate the day.
- This event is cost neutral therefore participants should be self-sufficient for the day.
- A meal will be available for €5 in the sports centre.
Many places are already booked and remaining places will be filled on a first-come-first-admitted basis
To have a son/daughter considered for a place in this event, parents should complete this Application form –