Cuala’s Sports & Social Integration Programme (SSIP) is a joint initiative between Cuala and the Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Educational Training Board (ETB), formerly Co. Dublin & Dún Laoghaire VECs.
The Project is managed by Damian Byrne under the direction of a Steering Committee comprised of local School Principals and Community Leaders.
The former Dublin keeper is the holder of 3 Senior Championship medals, and his many achievements include Dublin Hurler of the year, winner of 3 Dublin Bluestars awards and admission to the Dublin Hall of Fame. He also brings a wealth of professional experience to the programme being a GAA Coaching Tutor and the holder of Diplomas in Sports Management and Addiction Studies.
Latest SSIP News
- Positive Mind – Positive Body – a health and well-being programme for U15s Tue 01 Oct 2019, 16:53 Cuala Coaching & SSIP are pleased to announce this special programme, to be facilitated by various club leaders, and founded in memory of the late Jamie Brennan
- To provide opportunities for Young people to socialise with peers from different socio-economic backgrounds.
- To focus on children not already involved in sport.
- To provide a community orientated sports programme based on Cuala’s management structures in collaboration with local schools colleges and community/youth services.
- To maximise the number of boys and girls in sport and related activities in the target areas.
- To introduce and build relationships with locally based positive role models ( players, coaches, leaders, administrators etc.) for younger people.
- To provide leadership training and personal development skills for older children (13-18)
- To integrate an anti-drug and anti-crime theme into everyday activities
Cuala runs an extensive series of programmes within the SSIP project including –
- School Coaching Blocks
- After School Leagues
- Health & Wellbeing Talks
- Impact of Alcohol Advertisement In Sport
- Outreach Work
- After-School Clubs
- Seasonal Sports Camps
- Cuala TY 16
- Tús / Fás Placements
- TY Coaching Course
- Parents Coaching Course
- Social Inclusion Programme
- Social, TY & special work placements
- Superstars Tournaments
While many of the projects are supported using Cuala infrastructure and resources, the SSIP is also supported by the ETB’s Young Peoples Facilities and Service Fund.
If you feel that the Project can be of assistance or support to any individual or group, or if you believe you can help the project in any way, please contact Damian Byrne on 086-6040998 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Educational Training Board : http://www.ddletb.ie/
Dún Laoghaire / Rathdown Outreach Project (DROP): http://www.drop.ie/
Community Awareness of Drugs (CAD) http://www.cadaboutdrugs.ie/
Garda Diversion Programme: http://www.iyjs.ie/en/IYJS/Pages/GardaDiversionProgramme
Youth Reach: http://www.youthreach.ie/